Monday, October 13, 2014

Crackled French Tips

Good Evening! Who's ready for Halloween? This is a black French Tip with pooka dots layered with Crackle Overcoat to give it a spooky vibe. I have to say that I was never a follower of the "Crackle" trend but was given the polish as a gift which has been collecting dust for a year. I decided to crack it open and give it a try and I'm glad I did. The effect is perfect for Halloween.  I loved watching the polish going into action and cracking seconds after applying it. Below is a step- by-step tutorial to achieve this design. While creating this, I did learn a lesson that is helpful for future designs that involve pooka dots and that is to wait a full 5 minutes for the dots to dry before applying a top coat. I impatiently waited a premature 2 minutes for the dots to dry which resulted in smeared pooka dots. As a perfectionist, this is bothersome to me but for this nail look it adds to the overall spookiness. 

This is the complete design

Tools: Crackle Overcoat, Black Polish, and I improvised and used a ballpoint pen to create pooka dots
Step 1: Start with a Wavy, Diagonal Black French Tip
Step 2: Add White Crackle overcoat

Step 3: Using a ballpoint pen dipped in black polish, create a series of black dots






Thanks for visiting!

2 comments: